Business Development Representative - Indianapolis
|December 20, 2013 - February 15, 2014|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401(k), etc.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under general direction from Manager, the Business Development Representative will be responsible for directing, planning, and managing the sales objectives for Professional Channel in the North America Ophthalmic Market, including new account acquisition and key account retention across our 4-Pillars: lenses, coatings, labs and equipment. They will balance the multi-faceted activities across all pillars to see the big picture and think strategically to bring the best result for the company.|
|Duties:||• Meet or exceed sales goals for Rx, premium lens and coating products, and equipment |
• Increase sales by effectively communication the advantages and benefits of Carl Zeiss Vision products and services to the ECPs
• Support national marketing and collateral efforts
• Plan, develop, and conduct on-site and group training seminars to increase demand for Carl Zeiss Vision labs, lenses, and equipment
• Schedule and conduct product education workshops that are results driven
• Establishes a positive working relationship with Carl Zeiss Vision employees and colleagues
• Maximize and execute customer marketing programs to accomplish goals and objectives
• Develop and prepare summary reports as necessary
• Efficiently manages travel cost
|Qualifications:||• BS or BA in Business, Organizational Development, Industrial Relations or related field or 2 to 3 years sales experience in optical industry preferred|
• Rx sales experience ideal
• ABO speaker certification preferred
• ABO Certification preferred
• Excellent written & verbal communication required
• Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills required
• Excellent computer skills required
Maintain home office unless external office is established. Travel is required. Requires the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
Works on abstract problems across functional areas of the business. Identifies and evaluates fundamental problems for major functional areas through assessment of intangible variables.
General office equipment used including: PC and related software, 10-key calculator, telephone, copier, and fax machine.
THE ABOVE IS INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL CONTENT OF AND REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB. IT IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE STATEMENT OF REQUIREMENTS, DUTIES, OR RESPONSIBILITIES.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.