The HR Representative supports Talent Acquisition and Movement at Carl Zeiss across multiple business functions, while owning full-life cycle recruitment. This individual will effectively execute the sourcing strategy across various mediums, including but not limited to social media, job boards, networking and targeted recruitment events. This person will create a candidate pipeline for critical roles, attract and hire top notch talent across the organization and ensure an exceptional candidate experience while promoting the Zeiss brand to generate commitment. This role will also be responsible for HR related assignments/projects. The successful candidate in this role is an action oriented ambitious self-starter that drives for results and has the ability to represent the Zeiss brand and HR department in a professional manner.
• Administers full-cycle recruitment activities including working with hiring managers, posting job advertisements, responding to hiring needs, selecting most effective media to advertise, posting opportunities, sourcing and reviewing resume submissions, scheduling interviews, administering applicant testing and conducting background and reference checks. Implements and executes on CZV defined Talent Acquisition strategy, evaluates recruitment sources for effectiveness and cost, and assists with workforce planning including proper staffing requirements currently and future activity.
• Negotiates and/or supports hiring manager in developing new hire compensation package/offers.
• Coordinates the placement of ads utilizing online job boards, internal job postings and school postings. Works with external recruiters as necessary.
• Corresponds with recruiting firms and temporary staffing agencies and oversee strategic third party agency relationships.
• Develops and maintains strong relationships with internal clients at all levels in order to influence and coach on appropriate recruiting and hiring decisions.
• Creates and executes on social media and relationship building strategies to secure pre-employment interest and loyalty to Carl Zeiss. Monitors, updates and engages in all Employment-related Social Media channels. (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Works in partnership with HR colleagues to conduct new hire orientation/onboarding.
• Manages the Immigration/Visa process, including renewals for new and current employees.
• Provide support for employee relations matters, ensuring compliance, consistency and clear communication and interpretation of policies.
• Lead various HR department programs as assigned, i.e., Leave Administration, Safety programs, College Recruitment initiatives and Career Development programs, etc.
• Keeps up-to-date on all applicable state and federal employment laws. Researches legal changes as they occur and determine how they will impact the company.
• Creates, changes and implements employment processes based on new regulations or as needed. Develops and/or update HRSOPs.
• Leads Recruitment meetings to discuss updates, progress, process improvement ideas, or any other issues related to staffing with HR Business Partner team.
• Maintains personnel files and other systems (e.g., Fortis, ADP, iApplicant, E-Verify, etc.)
• Creates and processes ADP entries and internal Personnel Action Notice (PANs)
• Coordinates HR related forms and documentation (e.g., LOAs, W/C claims, employment verification, filing, COBRA, benefit enrollment, etc.)
• Works with functional leaders to ensure that internal customer requests/needs for HR services are being met in a timely and effective manner.
• Analyzes, interprets, develops and implements HR policies, programs and procedures.
• Handles all immigration, relocation, and tuition reimbursement process for all North American Employees.
• Utilizes HRIS and other software tools to prepare reports, and analyses upon request.
• BS/BA degree in relevant field strongly preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of related HR experience required.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) required.
• Must have strong negotiation skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have experience handling multiple projects simultaneously, and working in an environment which requires flexibility, innovation and superb customer service.
• Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization required.
• Must represent the Zeiss brand and HR department in a professional manner.
• Professional discretion and confidentiality is absolutely essential.
• Ability to understand and apply federal, state and local changes and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to human resources.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively persevere in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
Usual office environment. Requires the ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where sound judgment is required in resolving issues and making recommendations. Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
General office equipment used including: PC and related software, Human Resource Information System, copier, fax machine, telephone, and 10-key.
THE ABOVE IS INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL CONTENT OF AND REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB. IT IS NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE STATEMENT OF REQUIREMENTS, DUTIES, OR RESPONSIBILITIES.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.